Temporary Programme Assistant (3 months)
Closing date: 31 Aug 2020
The European Human Rights Advocacy Centre (EHRAC) is an independent legal centre based within the School of Law at Middlesex University. We use international legal mechanisms to challenge serious human rights abuses in Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia, in partnership with committed local lawyers and NGOs. We aim to secure justice for victims of human rights violations and their families, and bring about lasting systemic change in the region. We build and strengthen the expertise of human rights lawyers and NGOs operating in challenging circumstances by providing long-term, legal mentoring, bespoke training, and ongoing advice and support.
We are seeking a temporary Programme Assistant, for three months, to provide day-to day administrative support to the EHRAC team. You will carry out administrative and financial support tasks, travel and event management, and support with drafting fundraising proposals, reports to donors, and data collection. In the current conditions, we are open to remote-working possibilities for this position, and are happy to discuss ongoing flexible working conditions for the right candidate. This is a full-time role starting in September 2020.
The role requires:
• Strong administrative, organisational and time management skills;
• Adaptability and the ability to take initiative;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English;
• Ability to prioritise competing workloads and work independently;
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• A strong interest in human rights and international affairs;
• Native or fluent Russian and fluent English;
• You must already have the right to live and work in the UK (EHRAC cannot provide visa support for this role).
• Previous administrative experience at a non-governmental organisation.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter explaining how you fit the person specifications to: email@example.com