Media and Communications Coordinator
Closing date: 20 Jun 2021
Are you a creative Media and Communications professional looking for a new challenge? At the European Human Rights Advocacy Centre (EHRAC), we seek to build the capacity of human rights defenders in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russia and Ukraine through joint litigation on the most pressing human rights issues in the region, such as conflict, freedom of assembly, violence against women, LGBT+ rights, discrimination and more. We are looking for a Media & Communications Coordinator to communicate our impact, tell the stories of the brave human rights defenders we support and ensure partner lawyers have access to resources and key updates from the European Court.
The Communications Coordinator will play a key role in implementing and developing our Communications Strategy, supporting us to reach more people, develop new relationships and increase our supporter base.
For this exciting role at EHRAC, we are looking for a creative and independent all-rounder: you will be securing press coverage in the UK and our target region; maintaining, developing and improving EHRAC’s digital profile; coordinating and developing content for our newsletter; and commissioning and developing videos and animations.
• Demonstrable relevant experience in Communications
• Experience achieving positive news coverage in mainstream media
• Experience of producing a range of digital, web and print based content
• Excellent writing skills and demonstrable experience of tailoring content for different
mediums and audiences;
• Creative, can work independently;
• Understanding or experience of communicating about sensitive issues publicly;
• Experience maintaining a website in a professional capacity, including using a CMS;
• Experience maintaining social media in a professional capacity;
• Experience of communications in a legal, policy or NGO environment and of
communicating technical/specialist content to non-specialist audiences
• Live contacts/networks in UK media;
• Experience collaborating on communications initiatives with international partners and
• Good working knowledge of Russian or other language of EHRAC’s target region.
• Strong interest in Human Rights and / or EHRAC target region
• Demonstrable experience of broadening reach of communications;
• Willingness to experiment with new software or online tools to improve
Download the full role description and person specification for more information.