EHRAC Programme Assistant
Closing date: 21 Feb 2021
The European Human Rights Advocacy Centre (EHRAC) is an independent legal centre based within the School of Law at Middlesex University, London. We use international legal mechanisms to challenge serious human rights abuses in Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia, in partnership with committed local lawyers and NGOs. We aim to secure justice for victims of human rights violations and their families, and bring about lasting systemic change in the region.
We are seeking a Programme Assistant who will be responsible for providing day-to-day support for EHRAC’s litigation work, in partnership with the legal teams of partner NGOs based in our target region. Our Programme Assistant will also be responsible for providing day-to day administrative support to the team and organising logistics for travel and events (including remote events).
The role is central to the organisation and requires exceptional organisational and communication skills, as well as an interest in litigation practice at the European Court of Human Rights. Note: native or advanced Russian and fluent English are essential.
The role requires:
- Relevant Degree or equivalent level qualification;
- Native or advanced written and spoken Russian-language skills;
- Demonstrable experience of/or interest in working in the field of international human rights/litigation;
- Experience of providing administrative support in a legal environment and/or in multiple languages;
- Experience of organising and arranging logistics for events and meetings (face-to-face or online);
- Good verbal communication skills for dealing with courts, partners, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to carry out accurate Russian-English and English-Russian translation and interpretation;
- Some experience organising the logistics of events;
- Managing multiple tasks from multiple team members and working under pressure;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Degree in Human Rights, International Relations, or other subject related to EHRAC’s work;
- A good understanding of litigation practice at the European Court of Human Rights;
- Experience working or volunteering in the non-profit sector;
- Knowledge of EHRAC’s target region;
- Experience working as part of a multicultural team;
- Knowledge of a second language spoken in EHRAC’s target region, such as: Ukrainian, Georgian, Armenian, or Azerbaijani;
- Experience of using the WordPress Content Management System;
- Social media skills.