EHRAC Finance Assistant
Closing date: 04 Nov 2020
The European Human Rights Advocacy Centre (EHRAC) is an independent legal centre based within the School of Law at Middlesex University. We use international legal mechanisms to challenge serious human rights abuses in Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia, in partnership with committed local lawyers and NGOs. We aim to secure justice for victims of human rights violations and their families, and bring about lasting systemic change in the region. We build and strengthen the expertise of human rights lawyers and NGOs operating in challenging circumstances by providing long-term, legal mentoring, bespoke training, and ongoing advice and support.
We are seeking a Finance Assistant who will be responsible for providing day-to-day finance assistance support to EHRAC’s Finance and Grants Manager. You will carry out financial support tasks and day-to-day grant management, in accordance with the compliance requirements of funders’ financial guidelines and organisational financial management. The role requires good financial and organisational skills, excellent attention to detail, and experience with a range of functionalities on Microsoft Excel.
The role requires:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification or experience.
- Experience of working in an office-based finance role.
- Experience of bookkeeping or managing data in spreadsheets.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office, and experienced/proficient in Excel (i.e. familiar with Excel formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP formulas, designing templates, etc).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage own workload, and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of colleagues from different departments.
- Interest in working in the field of international human rights and/or a not-for-profit organisation.
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Russian, Ukrainian, Georgian, Armenian, or Azerbaijani.
- Experience of using financial software.